General requirements for light at construction:
• Illuminate working area and streets at the construction with artificial light sources when daylight is not sufficient.
• Adopt intensity and type of lighting to the various conditions of work and processes at the construction.
Requirements - Intensity of lighting:
• The lighting equipment must fulfill the intensity of illumination of every particular working area at the construction (table 1).
• Some working areas and activities at the construction have specific requirements (table 2).
Illumination Level for General Lighting
General Lighting at
the Construction site
Steel + Metal Construction
Sanitary and Social Construction
Office Building Construction
Illumination Level on Partial Surface for Certain Operations
Standard Illumination Value
for horizontal Illumination
|Operation of Wood Working Machinery||500 Lux|
Rough Installation Works, e.g. Earthworks, Auxiliary
and Warehouse Works
|Medium Fine Installation Works, e.g. Masonary and Installation works||100 Lux|
|Fine Installation Works, e.g. Intensive Installation Works, Surface Treatment Works||
Requirements - Choice of lamps:
• Assure a consistent illumination of all working areas. That include a regularly maintenance and cleaning of the lamp surface. Impurities reduce a consistent illumination.
• Priority to lamps which have a wide band of radiation.
• Installed lamps have to conform at least the IP23 standard.
Requirements – Arrangement of lamps (goal is a consistent illumination):
• High positioning
• Use of several lamps with relatively less power
• Illumination of danger zones with extra lamps
• Appropriate direction of the exposure of light
• Avoiding of blinding.
Requirements – Special danger zones:
• Special danger zones at the construction, e.g. areas with pedestrians and vehicles, require appropriate lighting that distinguish from the general illumination. One possibility could be the use of a different light color or a much more intensive light then the environment (at least double intensity) for danger zones.
• If a breakdown of the general illumination at the construction might cause accidents, there has to exist a security illumination (at least 1lux).
Product to use as Construction Lighting:
LED Flood Lights 1
LED Floodlights 2
Siam Green Power International Co., Ltd.
555/7 Nirvana Park On-Nut Soi 65-67
Sukhumvit Rd. 77
Kwaeng Pravet, Khet Pravet
Office: 02 328 7334
Mobile: 087 22 65 455
Mobile: 089 073 5089
Fax: 02 328 7335
Our Google+ Profil