Advantages and disadvantages of (GPI) LED
- long term constant LUX distribution on ground (only 10% loss after 50,000 hours) due to regulated load controlling between cooling and driver utilities
- less heat production cause of high heat transfer enabled by high quality Aluminum alloy
- cause of advanced lens technology adjustable illumination of objects depending on occasion possible (e.g. tunnel, street, park, billboards, security light)
- driver exactly laid out for used LED
- unique design enables UV resistance and weatherproofed abilities (e.g. no problems of pollution or defects caused by sand, dust, humidity, insects, corrosion)
- product quality assured by receiving Thai Industry Standards Institute (TISI) and CE certificates
- usage of high class SMD with license from supplier (no spot goods)
- LEDs produce more light per watt than incandescent bulbs. Their efficiency is not affected by shape and size, unlike Fluorescent light bulbs or tubes.
- 50,000 hours made possible by high product quality and optimized performance and tuning of used components
- High potential of energy saving costs due to LED technology and less LED heating cause of optimized tuning of components (70% in comparison with HPS/MH/INC)
- Due to high saving potential short return-on investment (ROI) periods: street lamps: 2 - 3 years; bulb lamps: 1.5 - 2 years; sport lamps: 1 - 2 years; tube lamps: 2 - 3 years
- LEDs can emit light of an intended color without the use of the color filters that traditional lighting methods require. This is more efficient and can lower initial costs.
- products maintenance free cause of unique frame and lens design
- no pollution of lenses (luminary protection degree at least IP67)
- 3 years of full guarantee
- Simple Installation of LED lamp products on poles due to supportive connecting fittings
- In case of e.g. accidents all share parts are easily replaceable
- LEDs can very easily be dimmed either by pulse-width modulation or lowering the forward current.
- LEDs light up very quickly. A typical red indicator LED will achieve full brightness in under a microsecond. LEDs used in communications devices can have even faster response times.
- LEDs are ideal for use in applications that are subject to frequent on-off cycling, unlike fluorescent lamps that burn out more quickly when cycled frequently, or HID lamps that require a long time before restarting.
- LEDs, being solid state components, are difficult to damage with external shock, unlike fluorescent and incandescent bulbs which are fragile.
- No dazzling because of high concentration and bundled light beams on object (e.g. no “zebra effect” on streets)
- Less production and emission of carbon dioxide (75-80% carbon saving potential)
- In contrast to most light sources, LEDs radiate very little heat in the form of IR light that can cause damage to sensitive objects or fabrics. Wasted energy is dispersed as heat through the base of the LED.
- The solid package of the LED can be designed to focus its light. Incandescent and fluorescent sources often require an external reflector to collect light and direct it in a usable manner.
- Unique, modern, adjustable, innovative and fresh lens and frame design
- LEDs do not contain mercury, unlike fluorescent lamps.
- Higher costs of purchase
- but returned after only few years cause of high energy saving potential and less maintenance costs
- LEDs must be supplied with the voltage above the threshold and a current below the rating. This can involve series resistors or current-regulated power supplies.
- LED performance largely depends on the ambient temperature of the operating environment. Over-driving the LED in high ambient temperatures may result in overheating of the LED package, eventually leading to device failure. Adequate heat-sinking is required to maintain long life. This is especially important when considering automotive, medical, and military applications where the device must operate over a large range of temperatures, and is required to have a low failure rate.
Siam Green Power International Co., Ltd.
555/7 Nirvana Park On-Nut Soi 65-67
Sukhumvit Rd. 77
Kwaeng Pravet, Khet Pravet
Office: 02 328 7334
Mobile: 087 22 65 455
Mobile: 089 073 5089
Fax: 02 328 7335
Our Google+ Profil